These are some of the things that I do that have helped motivate me to continue a daily healthy lifestyle. This is just advice from personal experience, so maybe if you’re like me, it will help you too.
1. To-Do list - I have a dry erase board hanging up on the wall in my room, and either the night before or the morning of, I will write down all that I need to get done that day. That includes my workouts, activities, cleaning sessions, etc. I just erase each thing that I’ve done after I’ve done them, which makes it easier to actually finish all of those things before the day ends, and all around just helps my days run more efficiantly, and therefore eliminates some stress.
2. Health Binder - I have put together a binder of health information, workouts, inspiring health photos, etc., and also a section where I keep track of my daily activities and my meals/snacks so in the longrun I can see all the progress I’ve been making and how long I’ve been maintaining that lifestyle. It’s also another thing that helps keep me motivated to continue with all of it.
3. Cleanliness/Organization - Keeping my living space clean and organized helps to create a more stress-free and open environment. Stress-free because it makes it easier to find what I need exactly when I need it, and open in terms of making my indoor workouts and activities more comfortable and pleasing.
4. Browsing/Maintaining a Health Blog - Looking through a health blog and/or maintaining your own, helps keep the inspiration and motivation flowing. When you’re filling your brain with images and writings related to whatever it is you want more of, I really believe that it helps attract it to yourself that much more, because you get a sense of what it would be like to maintain those things and therefore helps it become more realistic.
5. Creativity - Balancing out the fitness in our lives with a bit of creativity, I feel, helps us to appreciate being healthy that much more… because when we have a balance of discipline and spontenaiety in our lives, it keeps that sort of freshness flowing in whatever it is we do. As opposed to doing the same old things every day, it gets boring and we become unmotivated to continue pursuing those things.